There are 2 main trails and 1 loop trail. The loop trail is Dugger’s Creek Loop Trail.
1. Erwin’s View Trail is by far the most popular. It’s 1.6 miles round trip and moderate in difficulty. The trail begins at the visitors center, then crosses the Linville River.
- The first viewing area is at 0.5 miles and offers a view of the small double falls above the main falls.
- Farther up the main trail at 0.7 miles is Chimney View – the 1st view of the main falls. There’s also a great view of the Linville River and gorge below the falls.
- The trail ends at Erwin’s View Overlook which is 0.8 miles from the visitors center.
2. The second trail takes you to Plunge Basin Overlook and finally to Linville Gorge. It is a difficult trail to the bottom of the Waterfalls but is really beautiful walking through thick wilderness.
Visit this link for more details.
We visited Linville towards the end of fall season. Here are some photos from our trip.
Here is the Gallery View of all Photos.