North Carolina’s beautiful coast stretches from northern Outer Banks to Brunswick Beaches of the south and includes some of the finest beaches on the Eastern Coast.
Brunswick County Beaches of North Carolina include the following:-
- Bald Head Island, South Port, Caswell Beach, Oak Island, Holden Beach, Ocean Isle Beach, Sunset Beach and Calabash.
New Hanover Beaches of North Carolina include:-
- Wilmington, Wrightsville Beach, Carolina Beach, Kure Beach, Figure Eight Island, Top Sail Beach and Surf City.
Cape Fear Coast of North Carolina consists of the following beaches – Wrightsville, Carolina and Kure beaches and the historic town of Wilmington.
Pleasure Island is a small barrier island on the coast of NC, south of Wilmington. It is home to Kure Beach, Carolina Beach and Historic Fort Fisher.
We decided to visit the southern coast of North Carolina bordering South Carolina. We covered a few places from New Hanover Beaches and Brunswick Beaches during our trip.
- Historic town of Wilmington – home to World War II Battleship NC
- SeaSide Village of South Port – famous for it’s Ferry to Fort Fisher
- Calabash town – Seafood capital of the world
- Kure Beach – home to NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher and Fort Fisher Recreation Area
- Carolina Beach
- Sunset Beach – white powder beach well known for it’s red and gold sunset
We stayed at a beautiful Golf Resort in Calabash named Brunswick Plantation and Golf Resort. If you are visiting NC Brunswick County or Myrtle Beach, SC area, you can stay at this beautiful resort. It is conveniently located between Myrtle Beach and Wilmington. On the first day of our trip, we visited the town of Wilmington and Battleship North Carolina. On the second day, we went to South Port and took the ferry to Fort Fisher – southern most part of Pleasure Island. We visited NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher and then headed of to Carolina Beach and had lunch from Ocean Grill and Tiki Bar – a casual restaurant serving the best local sea food. In the afternoon, we went to Fort Fisher Recreation Area and enjoyed swimming. The Recreation Area has free changing rooms and showers and there are Life Guards on duty. During late evening, we went to Sunset Beach to capture a glimpse of the Sunset. Sunset Beach is less crowded and the sand is white and very fine. We enjoyed walking on the Board Walk after paying $1/person.
Here are some photos of Kure Beach, Carolina Beach and Sunset Beach.
Here is the Gallery View of all Photos.