South East USA has lot to offer to visitors. South Eastern United States include Georgia, Virginia, West Virginia, North and South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi and Florida. Here a few interesting things to know about South East USA.
- Blue Ridge Parkway is the most visited unit among all units (parks, historic sites, scenic byways, forests, recreation areas, seashores etc.) of the US National Park Systems managed by the National Park Service (NPS).
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park of Tennessee and North Carolina is the most visited national park in the United States. It outnumbers other parks like Yellowstone and Yosemite.
- Cradle of Forestry in North Carolina is home to America’s first school of forestry known as Biltmore Forest School.
- Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta, Georgia is the world’s largest aquarium and features more animals than any other aquarium in more than eight million gallons of water.
- Brookgreen Gardens in South Carolina is the first public sculpture garden in America and has in its collection more than 1,200 works by 350 sculptors.